Worried about the climate emergency? Joining a group is the first, most important step you can take. Join Darebin Climate Action Now where you will meet people who share your concerns and who will welcome your help in protecting our future.
DCAN supporters handing out information on Merri Creek
Things we can all do
- Help spread the word - Follow, Like and share information on DCAN's Facebook page and join our Facebook group to keep in the loop.
- Vote Climate in elections: Vote for candidates and political parties that put strong climate action first. Closer to the election checkout this site for tips.
- Put a Climate Emergency sign on your fence or window: check out DCAN's signs here.
- Write to the Prime Minister and your local MP: Climate for Change provides tips and all the current information you need on different issues.
- Learn more about the climate emergency.
- Subscribe to the Sustainable Darebin Newsletter: Darebin Council’s monthly newsletter.
- Attend an event - find out what’s on and where here.
- Leave the car at home: Use public transport or bikes and tell your friends why you do.
- Change your diet: less red meat, more local produce, less waste.
- Pressure your bank or superannuation fund to withdraw investments from companies mining or selling fossil fuels.
- Sing with the Melbourne Climate Choir.
- Go solar: Check out the local community power hub for free energy consults and discounts on solar.
- Darebin Council and the Victorian Government also provides help with solar.
- Donate to support our important work campaigning and raising awareness about climate change in Darebin..
DCAN supporters taking action outside Preston Commonwealth Bank
Other local groups
Click here to find out more about other local climate action groups.